Hey there! If you're looking at this article, you probably need some help. Please read on for solutions to the most common problems. If you don't find your answer here, please submit a ticket, and we'll get you sorted.
Game/Website Stuck Loading/Can't Login
One of these things will usually solve a loading problem:
- Clear any Stream Captain related stuff out of your browser history/cache
- Delete site data for streamraiders.com in your browser
- Open the site in an incognito tab • Try another browser (Firefox, Chrome)
- Give it more time to load (the game can take a bit to load on slow connections, specifically non-US connections)
- Try toggling Hardware Acceleration for your browser
- Try disabling any custom add-ons or extensions you may have, especially those provided by anti-virus software
- Completely black screen? Make sure your browser and graphics card drivers are up to date.
- If you are a streamer and having trouble loading the desktop app, please uninstall from Add/Remove Programs on Windows, and do a fresh download and install from here.
- On Desktop, make sure your browser has WebGL enabled, check here.
Streaming Software not Capturing the Desktop App
- Make sure you are using Game Capture and NOT Window Capture
- Make sure you have the app set up as a separate source with the source pointing directly toward the app
- If Game Capture still isn’t finding it, try restarting the Stream Raiders app
Units stuck/Not moving
- Often units not moving is due to them being in a defensive (purple) zone. Units in a defensive zone will hold their ground unless approached by an enemy. These units will release from their defensive stance after a while
- If units are stuck from a pathfinding issue, they will often figure it out eventually. If they are permanently stuck, you must wait until the end of the battle. A timer will appear showing you how much time is left. The side with the most units will win.
Note: Exiting the battle will not help. It will make you play out the battle again from the beginning, with the same results.
Playing Stream Raiders on an iPad
For mobile devices and iPad's, we have a more lightweight version of the game that runs better on those devices. Usually mobile browsers pick up on this and automatically open the correct version of the game, but we're still working through some kinks on iPads. In this case, you can ask Safari to "Request Mobile Website" button in the dropdown menu.
Access Developer Console logs in Chrome
- Right-click on the webpage they are interested in
- In the context menu, click the Inspect option. This will open the Developer Window
- Click the tab labeled Console. This will show you all the logs our game sends to the browser
Once there, a user can either screenshot red error logs or copy the entire contents and share that with us to troubleshoot any bugs.